Katie has practiced as an occupational therapist in a variety of work settings including acute care, in-patient and out-patient rehabilitation programs as well as providing community rehabilitation services. She currently practices in both the public and private health care system.
She has worked with a wide variety of injuries/diagnoses, from soft tissue injuries, orthopedic injuries, chronic pain and mental health conditions. Her clinical area of specialty is working with adolescents and adults with neurological injuries/diagnoses, including mild to severe traumatic brain injuries, cerebrovascular injuries, and neuromuscular conditions acquired at birth.
Katie’s focus has been on providing rehabilitation services to maximize functioning in the home, community and work settings, taking an individualized and client-centered approach to care. She has experience performing a range of occupational therapy assessment and treatment, including job site assessments, graduated return to work planning and monitoring, ergonomic assessments, community rehabilitation programs, exposure therapy and equipment prescription.
When not providing occupational therapy services you will find her spending time with family and friends, doing her best to find the best latte, or hiking and biking the beautiful trails on the north shore.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of BC (COTBC)
- Member of the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists (CAOT)
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy from the University of Alberta
- Bachelor of Human Kinetics from the University of British Columbia
- A part of the WorkSafeBC Provider Network
Main Areas of Practice
- Community Rehabilitation and Case Management
- Hospital Discharge Support and Home Health Services
- Work Site Assessment and Return to Work Programs
- Ergonomic Evaluations