Work as a Rehabilitation Assistant with LiNK Rehab!
* We currently do not have any openings. Feel free to submit your resume and we will keep it on file for consideration when future opportunities arise.*
LiNK Rehab is a community-based occupational therapy company in Metro Vancouver. As a Rehabilitation Assistant with LiNK Rehab you will:
- Provide assigned occupational therapy therapeutic interventions to adults with a range of musculoskeletal, neurological, and mental health challenges, sustained secondary to injury (e.g. workplace injury, MVA).
- Assist in the implementation of OT care plans to enable clients to maximize independence.
- Provide functional direction to family members and care providers, report relevant observations of client’s functioning using electronic charting.
- Completion of a recognized Diploma level Rehabilitation Assistant Program with Occupational therapy components.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which travel time will be reimbursed
- Must own personal laptop or tablet for charting purposes.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
We are looking for candidates with the following attributes and skills sets:
- Aptitude and interest in functional / physical activation interventions.
- Ability to demonstrate and coach a repertoire of pain management techniques (e.g. breathing, grounding, stretching) for clients who are preparing for a Graduated Return To Work and/or and exercise based / return to function based program (either at home or in a gym).
- Ability to adapt interventions to ensure Covid-19 safety precautions are met (e.g. facilitating activities outdoors or with physical distancing).
- Interested and strong at brain injury (moderate to severe) ADL and IADL support (e.g. instruction and monitoring of daily schedule, planning, self-care, cooking, laundry, walking, community access involving route finding, transit use, etc.)
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Or, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with OTA job post in the subject line.